13 April 2012

In the Neighbourhood

After a sojourn over the East period, I though it high time that I take some more pictures and start to get this project moving again.

I've visited the All Saints Road area again, but this time ventured into the larger of the two buildings that make up the Donisthorpe Factory.

Previously this had been totally boarded up but someone (not me, before you start pointing fingers) had broken down the front door.  The inside of this building is in a worse state than the other building and the floors are very rotten.  Fortunately, there is a concrete stairwell running up one side of the building, where the following pictures where taken.

On leaving the building, there were two gentlemen walking about who were from the council.  I had a quick chat with them about the area and what the council's proposals where for the whole All Saint Road area (see map page for details of the scale of the site).  They said they didn't have a clue and that they were there simply to put up some 'Danger, Keep Out' signs.

They didn't seem too fussed about me being there, so I carried on taking pictures.





No comments:

Post a Comment